Thursday, July 11, 2013

Mistakes are always made, but it's how you solve them that makes the greater difference

Today I quit the forum.

For those who honestly don't know, but still do care....
'The forum' is (well, used to be) my personal escape, I only go on when I have spare time or a boring project to finish. Thanks to the forum I've mastered the art of procrastination; I used to get sucked into that website for hours. Of course I didn't go onto the forum everyday, you don't have to do something everyday to be classified as 'obsessed'. I had been on the forum for two whole years, my forum adversary was sometime in June.

How the heck did I work up the courage to give up something that important? Not sure. I typed the thread title intending to explaining my surrendered efforts to finding the missing admin, and somehow the post topic alternated all together. It started as a what if and became a why not.
I could best describe this as a common case of teenage YOLO....

I don't normally regret my spontaneous choices, so why should I this time?
I told the other members they could talk to me at other places, I didnt specify where.
Was that a bad idea?

Unlike others who have quit the forum, I've promised myself to stay with the internet. I can still tweet from my crappy phone, I have access to the forum's vacant blog, I refuse to go M.I.A. 
I have gone M.I.A before, the end result is a confusing comeback and a tricky game of catchup.
(Happens to pop stars all the time...)

No comments:

Post a Comment