Saturday, July 13, 2013

Today's topic: Movies

Movies. We all watch them. Nerds, Jocks, snaky cheerleaders, actually nice cheerleaders, teachers, parents, that annoying five year old that lives across the street.

For me Im nearly three weeks away from being an official Sophomore, which means summer is almost over. :(

Okay, back to the point. Over this summer my parents decided to cut our cable, which I wasn't to thrilled about at first, in the end we got Netflix as a TV "filler."  All this summer spare time has enameled me to become a movie addict.

So, yesterday night I locked myself into my parents room, turned the lights off, and watched two horror/scary films on my mother's IPad. To explain, Netflix doesn't update their movies frequently so we Netflix'ers end up with a combination of good old movies. The two movies I watched were, The House at the End of the Street and The Cabin in the Woods. Both films where excellent in my opinion.

<- Trailer of The House at the End of the Street.
Plot : A mother and daughter move to a new town and find themselves living next door to a house where a young girl murdered her parents. When the daughter befriends the surviving son, she learns the story is far from over.

Director:

 

Writers:

  (screenplay), (story)
( Stole this information from  http://www.imdb.com)

I honestly Liked this movie, But I'd give it.....

3.5 Stars!!!

The Plot sucked me in and I love Jennifer Lawrence's acting abilities. This horror movie is very gory and PG-13 (for all of you independent teenagers who's parents will only let you watch PG-13). The movie is classified as a Thriller/Horror, I couldn't argue anymore, the movie pulled me in and made me jump a couple of times... the movie info website I said they're rating was .


<- Cabin in the Woods Trailer

Plot Five friends go for a break at a remote cabin in the woods, where they get more than they bargained for. Together, they must discover the truth behind the cabin in the woods.

Director:

 

Stars:

 
(also stole information from http://www.imdb.com)


I Crazy LOVED this movie! As I checked the movie info website I saw their rating was 7.1/10. I'd give this movie.....

4.5 STARS!!!

This movie's unique plot really grabbed my attention, their begginning hook seemed to keep climaxing. I can already say this is one of my (new) favorite movies.


*Both movie's where said to come out around 2011-2012, so they're still pretty new. Go check em' out!

No comments:

Post a Comment